About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Perspective

1-18-12

Father, 

I've discovered something important: Life is a matter of perspective.  When I wake up, if I look at my day as though it's going to be boring or hard or something like that, then I'll probably have a bad day.  But if I look at it in a positive light, and focus on that as I live the day, I'll most likely have a good day.  This is much more important than it seems.  Perspective determines how you live, and in a way, who you are.  I remember around this time last year I was living with a negative perspective.  Then Carley told me she was going to start thinking more positively.  I guess I realized that that was a good idea, so I made that decision as well.  Now, I feel like I fully understand the importance of positive thinking.   Lord God, help me to see the beauty in all things.  Not just in things I like, but things I don't as well.  Be it something as small and trivial as food, or something deep and complex like people.  You can't love someone if you have a negative perspective.  

Thank you Father.
Mark