About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lifestyle, not Checklist: Apathy, Part 2

So how will tomorrow be different?  Maybe I just passionately wrote out my feelings and tomorrow will check back in to my utopia of blissful ignorance.  I sure pray that's not what happens.  I think a way that I could start to move in a new direction would be if I'm a bit more open to people who aren't necessarily my core group of friends.  If I'm more friendly, be it to acquaintances or strangers, maybe I can help them.  There are people all around me whose lives are warzones, and they are crying for help.  One thing's for sure, I can't let this be a checklist.  Yay, someone confided in me, I'm not apathetic.  Because it's not a checklist, it's a lifestyle.  Tomorrow, when I wake up, I pray that it would be with eyes of love, with a relational, amicable attitude.  Apathy can NOT own me.

Mark