About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Deeper Water

6-17-13
Morning:

For you have delivered 
my soul from death, my
eyes from tears, 
My feet from stumbling;
I will walk before
the Lord in the land of 
the living.
Psalm 116:8-9

Prayer:
--for a renewed mind
--I want to know you more


Beach Walk
--I have two options right now
 --Walking on shore/shallow water or walking in deeper water
 --Shallow water-easy, not dangerous, can see my feet, clear way (miles of beach, houses)
--Deep water-I have to work to move, could be knocked down, can't see my footing, unclear way (changing of tides, surging waves)
 --On shallow water I've asked the deep water why it doesn't come up to me so I can experience it on solid ground.
 --But I can't have the safety of the shallow water and the satisfaction of the deep
--In the shallow (easy) I may have a clear vision (I can see what's ahead) but it's monotonous
--Deep water--exciting, refreshing, strengthening
--The deep already exists (God's love), but it has already come for me
--I HAVE TO LET GO OF THE EASY MONOTONOUS PATH TO EXPERIENCE THE EXCITING PURPOSEFUL PATH

Click here to hear one of Mark's favorite worship songs:

Oceans, by Hillsong United