About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Paid

11-21-13 Thursday

Morning

Micah 6:6-8
--Even today, many Christians think they have to be religious enough or righteous enough to reach Heaven/God’s presence
--In 6&7, the hypothetical seeker gradually asks if more and more expensive things would be sufficient, ending with an absurd sacrifice.
--But Lord, you have told me what you want, for me to take care of the oppressed, love everyone I meet, and walk in faith and reverence before you
--You brought the sacrifice.  You don’t want me to be anxiously penitent, always giving things up or hurting myself in hopes of paying for my sins.  You already paid for them.   

Now, you have work for me to do.