About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pursuit

1-6-13

Behold, the eye of the Lord is 
on those who fear him, 
on those who hope in his steadfast
love, 
that he may deliver their soul
from death and 
keep them alive in famine.
Psalm 33: 18-19


I've been thinking a lot lately.  I feel like a lot of the time recently I've thought I was pursuing God, but really I was pursuing joy.  But I can't have joy without God.  I want to get to know him better.  I want to understand his traits more; his jealousy, his compassion.  Most of all, I want to understand the lengths he went through out of love for me.