About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Firelight

5-2-12 (Part 1)

I can't wait for the day I see You.  This world is so chaotic, so broken, so sinful.  Things are not the way you built them to be, and that is our fault.  Sometimes, when I see a baby, I think to myself, "This poor kid is going to grow up someday.  He is going to face pain, and sin will fight to make him succumb." I just wish that kid could be home, right now, with you.  I wish it could all be over, that we could be up in Heaven happily ever after.  That things could be how they were meant to be before we humans messed it up.  

But the time isn't up.  The story isn't finished yet.  There are millions out there walking in darkness; not all of them will come into the light.  

I just wish all this sorrow, all this sin, could be over with, You know?  That I could go home.  

But at the same time, I know there's things I want here.  I want to grow up, get married, raise a family, start a job...and so much more.  Also, I know I have a purpose here.  This black world needs firelight, and in order for it to be carried, light needs a lantern.  I am a lantern. 

I am your megaphone.  I'm just the words, but you're the sound.  I want people to see through the glass walls of my lantern and be awed by your fire.  I want your fire to eclipse me so completely that you're all they see.  I am worthless if I fight that, because that is my purpose;  To glorify you; to proclaim you.