About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Father of Lights


May 17, 2014

Morning:

I feel kind of mentally out of it right now, like I’m watching someone else live my life.  It’s a very uncomfortable feeling.  I pray, in Jesus’s name, that I’d be present with people and in passion. 


Life is beautiful.  Life is a love gift from my father that is daily filled with opportunities to thank him and feel him smiling at me.  Life is meant to be enjoyed and shared. 


God’s love is wild, but we blind ourselves from it for some reason sometimes.  I don’t want to do that.  I want to throw up my sails and let the wind of his love mess me up and cause my heart to burn like fire.  In the day to day, I’ll seek to recognize the warmth of his smile.

You are eternally faithful.  I feel like lately you’ve really impressed the idea of my weakness and your sovereignty upon me.  It’s such a beautiful thing that you’ve shown me:  that I can find comfort in giving up control, in trusting you.  It’s proven so true.  Your plans are so beautiful, so worth believing in.  You love me so much and you know exactly what thrills my heart the most.  I believe that though I may face gigantic trials, I will know joy like I never have before. 


Watching Father of Lights is reminding me how awesome it is to listen to someone talk bout how incredible Jesus is.  The overwhelming love He creates is so beautiful.  


Note: To watch a trailer for Father of Lights, click here.