About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Light within Me

12-22-11

Lord, 

You are the light of the world.  The light that will never flicker, dim, or go out.  The Light within; the Light within me.

Like lost ships the people of this world wander.  Seeking shelter, seeking home, seeking safety.

You are the lighthouse.  You guide our paths, you lead us to safety.  Father give your light to my mouth as it sings of hope, of you.  Give your light to my hands, so that they can play for you.  

I long to sing to You a new song; to play skillfully, to shout for joy.  I long to show people your grace, your love through music.  Please, Father, make me into the best singer/guitarist I can be, so that I can serve you through song.  This is what I long for.  This is my dream.

I love you, 

Mark

Note: Mark loved music, but this entry makes me want to fill in the blank...
"Please, Father, make me into the best _________________, I can be, so that I can serve you through ____________" and "I long to show people your grace, your love through __________."
What are the gifts you and I have been given? What are our passions that God has created in us and will use in us to shine His light?