About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

I'm Untouchable

1-9-13

"To Live is Christ, and to Die is Gain"
Philippians 1:21


I love this verse so much, Lord.  It makes me feel invincible, untouchable.  If I'm alive, then I can serve and glorify Jesus, if I'm dead, I'm with Him.  My enemies can't take that from me.  Satan can't take that from me.  No matter what, I will live forever, and I can have joy and peace every moment of that eternity.  Now I know I'll block that joy and peace from myself sometimes, most likely in times of trouble.  Which is kind of backwards, honestly.  In a time of pain, why wouldn't I want joy and peace?

Anyways, Lord, I thank you that I have that assurance.  That I'm untouchable, that I'm yours.  I am your child.  That's part of my identity as a new creation now.  Give me the strength to remember that, to cling to it.  No matter what troubles come, I am a child of God, and I will live forever.

Thank you, 

Mark