About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

What am I holding back?


11-8-13

Jesus wants everything.  I cannot count the costs and say, "well...I'll just keep this one thing for my life."  NO! What am I holding back?

You shall love the Lord 
your God with all
your heart and with 
all your soul
and with all your mind

If I let go of everything for him, he'll naturally become my obsession.  

At the same time, he commands me to love others.  This is a ridiculous task..if I'm living a life of self.

I prayed that God would show me what he wants me to do today.  I think he wants me to avoid petty arguing and to look after those being unjustly treated.  I don't know how to treat the other guys when they pick on __________.  I need the Lord's wisdom for that.   

Mark and Ben's "Everything" by Lighthouse