About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Mean it


10-10-13           

Morning:
...I asked God specifically to show me what it is I’m doing (or not doing) that’s creating this *veil, and my passage in Ephesians (which I’ve been reading through) for today is titled “Walk in Love.”  That makes me think about what I learned from Nicaragua.  Am I truly loving others, or do I just appear to be? Am I truly present with people, or am I seeking my own gain?

I feel little hints of irritability, but don’t show it.  This isn’t how I want to be .  I don’t want to feel those hints at all.  Love isn’t irritable.  It doesn’t say, “love doesn’t act out of irritability,” but “love isn’t irritable.”  An irritable mindset stinks.  It blocks love and feeds pride.  I want to go back to love before I start running on pride again. 

I’m gonna rejoice today, and I’m gonna mean it.