About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Made to Go Deeper

10-21-13 Monday

Morning

Little children, let
Us not love in word or talk
But in deed and
In truth
1 John 3:18

Jesus, I’ve learned that the reason I sometimes get that hurt in my heart is I’m wanting to know you more but seeking something outside of you.  I’m made to go deeper in you, but I also need to be sure I’m abiding in you.  It’s okay for me to be living in peace.  If I rest in you (while living a life of active love) I will find myself seeing you clearer and knowing your ways better.  Help me find peace in you today. 

I kind of feel like I’m in a period of waiting for God’s will...but instead of being frustrated about that, I need to recognize that this is a powerful opportunity for my mind to be renewed, my heart to be opened, and my love for God to grow deeper.  Rest, peace, is not bad.