About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Worth the Fight

11-18-13

I have been brought out of darkness and into the light.  Am I living in purposeful acknowledgement of the latter, or dwelling on the former? 

Rejoice always, pray without
Ceasing,
Give thanks in all circumstances;
For this is the will of
God in Christ Jesus for
You.
1 Thess 5:16-18 

This is the lifestyle I’ve been called to.

Why is it sometimes so easy to forget how much God loves me?
Yes, being in love with Jesus is hard sometimes. It’s hard because I don’t always feel his Spirit right on me.  But minute by minute, I WILL SEEK GOD. And even if I’m struggling to see him through veils I’ve set up, he is pleased that I think he’s worth the fight.  And I will keep fighting, and he will not turn a blind eye to my striving.