About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cure for Pride


11-4-13  Monday
Morning:

Pride is my greatest weakness, my greatest struggle.  But I need to remember I’m free from it.  I don’t have to be selfish anymore.  And if I fall into temptation, God will forgive me. 

Isaiah 40: 9-28 Who is like God? We build ourselves wooden idols (mine is often me) and bow down to them instead of worshiping the Creator of the stars. 
 To whom then will
You compare me,
That I should be like him?
Says, the Holy One.
Isaiah 40:25
I know what defeats pride: love.  Love forces me to put my eyes on others.  And oh my gosh, it’s so much more rewarding.  Love is more than a perspective, it is an action. 

There is so much potential in the people around me.  To love them is to see that.