About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Show Me Them


7-26-13

MARK, ISN’T THE WHOLE IDEA OF DARKNESS THAT YOU CAN’T SEE?

Then show me their pain!  Show me the mourning of the people around me.  You say my salvation goes forth as a burning torch*, illuminate the dungeon around me.  Show me the hurting; give me the understanding, the empathy to mourn with them.  Take my pride, take my fear, and show me them.
Please.

NOTE: When Mark was in Nicaragua he desperately wanted to see the needs of those around him, so he was perplexed that in such a place of pain and poverty, the needs were not apparent to him.  So he prayed for God to show him.  What would happen if we prayed this for our neighbors, co-workers, and our family members...not just the people we visit for a week or two on our missions trips?  Challenging...

*Isaiah 62:1