About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

As It Should Be


3-31-2013 (Easter)


Afternoon:


Father,


Death has lost its sting.  You, though you died, defeated death and rose so that I may relish in eternal life with you.  I don’t understand.  How was my sin, my rebelliousness, my spite, my narcissism worth that? I know, your death and resurrection brought you glory, but why would you want me to give you praise?


I think it may be because when I praise you, it’s another victory.  When I praise you, it shows your triumph over darkness because that which was once sin has been made beautiful.  Your light has pierced my darkness, I have become a new creation. 


Thank you.  Thank you for sacrificing so that I may have this.  Walking...and feeling the gentle breeze of your breath on my skin, reminded me how undeserving I am.  How blessed I am!  To experience so much joy, so much peace, and know that the best is yet to come. 


Thank you.  Thank you so much for giving air to my gasping mouth, blood to my empty heart, sight to my blind eyes.  I may be undeserving, but you are deserving of whatever I have to offer. 


Here is my heart.  My soul.  My voice.  My arms, my feet, my eyes, my tongue.


I am yours.  Though my mortal body will fall and decay as the beasts of the field and the birds of the air, my soul has seen light. 


And someday, my final chains and ties shall melt to ash, blown into oblivion. 

No more fear, no more pain.  Just eternal consuming love.


As it should be.



Mark