About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to encourage your personal, daily walk with Jesus Christ, by seeing Him through the eyes of Mark Rodriguez. Updates will be made regularly so please subscribe. Most posts are taken from Mark's private journals or written by his mother unless otherwise noted.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Erase all Worry


1-12-13

Dear God,
You are incredible.  I feel like in January there are so many gorgeous sunsets and sunrises; honestly they’re what got me into photography.   The skies really do proclaim the work of your hands.  God, there’s a lot that I feel like I have to do today, and I confess that I’m allowing it to hinder my peacefulness.  In fact, I’ve probably been doing that a lot lately.  God, this time last year I was probably the most peaceful and joyful that I’ve ever been.  And I still have peace and joy, but truthfully I’ve allowed my awe at your blessings to somehow fade.  That awe, that joy and peace, it increases my faith and decreases my self-indulgence because I know you’re the best it gets.  So Lord, I pray that you would give me the peace to not be stressed out all day.  As I carry out the tasks I have to complete, fill me with a calm and peace that erases all worry.  Help me not to waste time, to just sit around.  I don’t want to feel like I have to fill every scarp of time I have, but I certainly don’t want to overindulge in Facebook and Instagram, which are honestly worth five minutes of my time a day.

Thank you for your Joy and Peace, Lord.

Mark